What services do you offer? This is the question I get asked the most as a letting agent.
The types of services most agencies will offer you fall into two categories; tenancy find only and full management.
To help you decide what you need for your property, here’s everything that is included in these services:
Tenant Find Only Includes:
• A valuation of your property
• Marketing your property to attract suitable prospective tenants
• Viewings and negotiating offers
• Reference checks
• Prepare tenancy agreements
• Collection of first month rent and deposit
• Arranging the tenant’s key collection and move in date
Full Management Includes:
• All of the above in tenant find service
• Setting up utilities for tenants and sending over final bills for landlords if applicable
• Collecting rent and sorting out deposit release at the end of tenancy
• Carrying out regular property inspections
• Solving any issues or disputes with tenants
• Annual rent reviews to ensure your property is rented at market value
• Online reporting system for tenants to contact agents 24/7
• Organising repairs and refurbishments using trusted contractors
• Arranging gas safety and Energy performance certificates to be renewed
• Issuing eviction notices if needed
• Dealing with the deposit at the end of tenancy and returning funds to all parties
Tenant Find vs Full Management
Both services have pros and cons. The question most landlords will ask themselves is how involved they want to be with their property. Tenant find is obviously the cheaper option, and if you are local to your property and have the time to manage it, then this service makes sense and will get you quality tenants quickly.
However, managing your property can be a full-time job and you will need to be prepared to conduct inspections, rent collections and more. Not to mention keeping yourself in the know with the law and legislations. This is where the full management service is beneficial, as a letting agency will professionally handle all of this while ensuring your rent payments are transferred on time.
How Portfolio Letting Experts are revolutionising the industry
As a specialist letting agency, we do some things differently to go the extra mile.
Firstly, we operate under a simple pricing system of fixed rates rather than charging by percentage, meaning our fee won’t increase when you put the rent up. We also know that circumstances can change when owning and renting property, so we make it easy for you to cancel when needed.
When it comes to our tenant find service, if we don’t find a tenant for your property within 28 days then the tenant find fee is free. As well as using Rightmove, we also post professional photos and videos on social media to promote your property and attract professional tenants. Our online calendar makes it easy for prospective tenants to book a viewing or schedule a time for us to call them.
Under our full management service, landlords benefit from same day rent payments and market leading service level agreements which guarantees that our insured contractors work to a specific response time.
Most importantly, we specialise in supporting portfolio landlords. If you have 4 or more properties, we offer a bespoke package and give you access to additional features.
Sign up below if you are a portfolio landlord and would like to find out the additional features we can offer you via email: